The nursery promotes children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development in a safe, loving and caring environment so as to equip them with the understanding and skills they will need for their life in society. The British Values link to the nursery’s embedded Christian ethos and these values can be seen as we:
- Put positive boundaries in place that will daily promote a mutually caring and respectful environment – ensuring each child’s voice is heard and respected.
- Provide a safe environment and help children to distinguish right from wrong; giving them an understanding that there are always consequences for their behaviour.
- Draw alongside and praise children in order to build their confidence and encourage them to take risks.
- Talk about their ideas in an atmosphere of mutual respect for other children’s views and opinions.
- Aim to create an open and respectful environment that positively loves and welcomes the children and families of a multi-belief, multi-cultural, multi-ethnic society.